Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Off To Crete

Hello, I am new to this blogging thing, but as Tony has been at it for a decade thought I should catch up!

I am taking my eldest daughter to Crete tomorrow for a week, a mother daughter bonding session. I am a little worried about the carbon footprint, but considering its been raining here in Sheffield solidly for weeks and weeks, in fact you could say we now have a rainy season, and my mood has followed suit, I don't feel too bad about chasing the sun. No doubt my conscience will get the better of me and I shall plant trees- but you can't do that just willy nilly apparantly! Perhaps I shall save an acre of rain forest instead.

I am, perhaps, as concerned with spending a whole eight days with just an 11 year old for company, and leaving the other two with their dad and the dog. As long as I get some uniterrupted sleep, hours of lazing about unable to move due to the excessive heat, with an air conditioned apartment to relieve the relentless sunshine, and a good book, maybe some beer, I am sure I will be fine.

The last book I read was A Wild Sheep Chase by Murakami- so I have bought another of his. In fact i have also read the Wind Up Bird Chronicles which got me hooked. They are fabulous in their unexpected storylines, and the total unsensationalism, un celebrity, and unremarkable characters ( they say that about themsleves!). I recommend them anyway.

Now I am going to run about like a headless chicken packing things I don't need and then unpacking them again!

No comments: