Saturday, July 28, 2007

Home Again

Back from a lovely week in Crete, sun, pools and sleep, just what a holiday is for. The heatwave, of temperatures in the mid 30's, made a pleasant change, and I very cold now I am back in England.
It was so hot, it was not possible to go roaming around the countryside, just walking a 100 yards took some effort. Good job everything we needed was five minutes away. I am sure a lot of the traditional cretan elements are now purely for the tourists, as internet cafes, mobile phones, and all other commercail trappings were rife. Restaurants advertised "Full English Breakfasts" and everyone spoke english. Not the place for a culture shock if thats what you like.
I am not looking forward to remembering what I was in the middle of now I am back- hopefully I will have a different perspective on most things!
The papers say August 15th is the day of our summer- only three weeks to wait!

No comments: